• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Hip Hop Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend James

Reaction score
I dig what you are saying with emotion, but even Vanilla Ice had emotion when he recorded "Roni", LOL.

Emotion can really only get you so far, I mean PM Dawn wrote and performed with emotion, but their flow and style was dogshit. The total package is Del, the Funky Homosapien. You are right, though, Nas is only halfway there. I was NEVER a Tupac fan, but I can appreciate where he comes from in his music. I was talking to Buck-65 years back and we came upon the topic of Eminem (after we caught up and exhausted the world of fashion models, Joe Louis Vachon Cakes, and the demise of good baseball). He started telling me about the first time that he met him, at some MC Blaze. All that he said was (and this is from pre-Slim Shady days) that Em had the most amazing skills, but was the biggest geek-loser you could ever meet.

Anyway, the reason that there are so many whack rappers is because we all have different tastes, and obviously some people like the whack shyte. Some of us are elitest old school/independant supporters and others, well, aren't. Some like the "easy listening" stuff from post-1987/pre-LA gangster era, some like the gangster, and that is cool all around. What kills me is that "rap-metal" and "pop-rap" has convinced these shorn-haired, whitey-suburb pricks that they have some sort of claim over rap because they can recite the Ja Rule/J-Lo song with their "womens" or they know every song ever recorded by Limp Bizkit. J-Lo, Mariah, et al have no place in any real rap... and for fuck's sake neither does Fred Durst.

Last edited:
T

thekid

50 is simple, any hip hop head would tell you that 50 is indeed wack and one of the most overrated mc's since 2pac.

The guy is simple, horrible flow, nothing but a pop star.

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Dusted off NAS - Illmatic last night. Might be one of the best albums ever made. Storytelling was amazing and his style was unique at the time.

What the hell happened NAS?

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
His new album is critically acclaimed. I thought that shit he did with his dad was bangin!! When that beat comes in over the blues guitar I laugh everytime cause its so damn rockin!! He is still the most original. I gotta get that cd man.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Supafly said:
Dusted off NAS - Illmatic last night. Might be one of the best albums ever made. Storytelling was amazing and his style was unique at the time.

What the hell happened NAS?

I COULDN'T agree with you more....Its one of my fav rap albums

2pac overrated?? Damn thats pretty damn harsh considering he is arguably the most influential and skilled rap artist.. I just can't see how he could be overrated. Hes the best in my opinion.

Zinista

Koalas & Kangaroos kill people
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
IHateHonda said:
2pac overrated?? Damn thats pretty damn harsh considering he is arguably the most influential and skilled rap artist.. I just can't see how he could be overrated. Hes the best in my opinion.
Agreed... What's your thoughts on Kanye West guys?? He's been around for a little while now... Personally I don't know much about him..

Reverend James

Reaction score
I am not familiar with Kanye West, so no opinions as of yet.

NAS's "Illmatic" LP is the one of the best ever, for real. I won it on a radio show before it was released in stores. I will have to dig that out this weekend now.

I think that Tupac gets all of the accolades because he is dead. Treach from Naughty By Nature was always regarded (by real rappers) as the most skilled, most dedicated "natural" rappers out there. His band is a little shitty, but he has serious talent. Since Del left his label and went indie I have been really digging everything he has done (including Gorillaz and Handsome Boy... with Dan, the Automator). Del is Ice Cube's cousing too, which sort of gives you an across-the-spectrum view of rap in one family.

bacardi

Reaction score
i dont even know where to start ...

what do yall consider "real hip-hop"? what i could remember from the old school is a bunch of party songs and "im the best rapper" songs. Kurtis Blow,Kool Herc, Casanova just to name a few. i know krs1 and P.E. went a different rout but before them its what hip-hop was about. It came from house partys so you had to say stuff that would make you dance. It was all about having fun and proving you were the best. so really did it change?

I cant remember but im sure krs-1 said somthin bout somebody being shot so the "gangsta"attitude present today cant be used as a cop-out. it's not that hip-hop has changed its that the worlds view of hip-hop has changed. It was pretty much banned from mainstream media now you cant go 2 commercials without hearing it. Hip hop has servived because it has no limitations. It can be pop, or rock, or gangsta , or whatever the time calls for. Remeber Run DMC? ... King of Rock?... Walk This Way? And yes even Hammer. Nelly, jayz, luda, and fat joe made music that you can dance to and they get labeled pop. Thats one of the reason they have to so much gangssta shit out; just to try and prove theyre not pop.

I dont know maybe im over medicated( a cold) or somethin and im not reading yall post right but the part that hasnt changed yall consider pop and the part that has changed yall consider trash. i'm just lost can somebody please show me the light.

Jay-Z is one of the greatest mc's. "Who you gon' find dopper than him wit no pen just draw off in-spi-ra-tion, til you find you cant replace him wit cheap immitation for this generation" i mean " I went on mtv wit du-rags i made them love you; you know normally they wouldnt be fockin wit you, til i let them know why you do what you do" & " I'm a legend you should take picture wit me;you should be happy to be in my presence i should charge you a fee; im big dogg glenn rob to me you a flee, and your little homie jungle is garden to me" just a few lines that popped into my head. He deserves more respect that he seems to be getting around here. he didnt cross hip-hop to pop he brought pop to hip hop; i think i heard that somewhere.

"a hip a hop a hippy a hippy to da hip hip hop ya dont stop a rockin to da bang bang boogie so up jumps da boogie to da rhythm of da boogety beat;
now what you here is not a test im rapping to the beat." thats classic but eminem does it and its trash/stupid. i guess we cant pay homage to the old skewl huh

Reverend James

Reaction score
Do you remember when it was fucking taboo to bite rhymes? Now you can do remakes of classic hip-hop tunes, copy the style of the originators and call it an "homage", and even borrow entire verses. I liked that all MC's had original material even if it was a little weak by comparison to some of today's lyrics. I mean, Kool Moe Dee wasted an enitre verse or two just listing off the names of his friends and the song is one of the most revered in the genre... why? Because he did it first. To me it is all about attitude. Big Label rappers are no more about dropping good rhymes then they are about brain surgery. It is all one big fucking infomercial to sell bullshit albums. How many CD's have you bought that were top-to-bottom like Nas - Illmatic, Del - The Other Side of the Brain, LL Cool J - Radio, etc? None. The Slim Shady LP had 2 good songs at best, but still outsold the other three I listed combined. When Run DMC covered an Aerosmith tune (collaborated) it signalled the beginning of commercial hip-hop, and forced the real artistic rappers underground. Say all that you want about Jay-Z's talent, the man has no heart. He is at the forefront of the movement that made rap all about money.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I never understood why you would brag about your money and the shit you own straight to the people who bought it for you (fans). Has to be the corniest, most tacky, no talent, thing you can say through a microphone. We know you're rich idiots you somehow obtained a fuckin record deal with your no talent havin asses!!

Reverend James

Reaction score
Duke, did you hear about that hack C-Murder? He record a CD and video while in jail. And the worst part is that someone is putting it out there. He is in jail for murder for fuck's sake. Are we that hard up for entertainment that we need to tap the virtual motherlode of talent in federal pens?

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I saw a quick take of that vid. I'll be shocked if anyone actually cares. Now Master P is back to gangster shit after a couple of years of doing acting on The Disney Channel. I can't really hate a man for his "hustle" but i can shake my head at it. All i ask is for someone to have something to say...is that too much to ask? Chuck D should write a book entitled "words you cannot use on wax" which should include: club, rims, pimp, and chedder with only an occasional use of any of the terms used to describe the word gun. Since this would destroy 98% of the industry we'd have to start from scratch. This would be the new revolution. But then again who am I?

CoolDude78

Reaction score
Wu Tang was the shit and still is the shit. Fuck all of these fake ass rappers including that bitch "The Game" who is now beefing with 50. 50 sells records by getting at other rappers. 50 aint a fool. He knows everybody wants to hear beef. The general public loves it and thats how he sells records. Personally I dont want to hear that shit.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
So 50 released his album and sold 1.5 million in 24 fucking hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then goes on national tv to shake hands and make up with game on the anna-fucking-versery of the death of Biggie!!!! This is getting more and more like wwf every damn day. This guy gets more free publicity than a butt naked hooker on Hollywood blvd!! A marketing genius if there ever was one!! He says if he sales less than 1 album less than his last one then he fails, and i'll be damn if it looks like he'll do it. He'll make as much money as Britney or Christina did in their whole damn career just off 2 fucking albums. I hate to say that i can only tip my hat to the guy.....i guess :(

bacardi

Reaction score
i checked back on the 28th and i thought i saw more responses than just 1 but maybe it was the liquor.

I remember when biting was taboo and im still against it(jay-z in especially).but pac seems to come out with a cd every other year while B.I.G. seemed to fade into the back ground. Pac had more albums released after his death than he had before( just a guess i didnt do the math). So Hov was just makin sure the younger generation. He was ok till he started rippin off snoop. a few weeks b4 i my last post i heard "i'm a biter not a writer" on the radio & now i just got a mixtape with it on it. it was about 4 mins. of material that jay took from other artists. Since most lines took about 10 seconds( Jay and the original artist combined) it seemed to go on 4 ever.

However; i believe that Cas(Casanova) was ripped off by hank in "rappers delight" so takin from other rappers is nothin new.

Duke i share your opinion on X. I think thru all the pretenders he's the closest to Pac we've had.

Jay made it all about the money? Good. now the artists are getting paid so good 4 them. LL had 2 sign a 10 year contract so i'm happy 4 the artists.

Hip-Hop has 2 change(evolve) 2 insure its survival. 2pac & P.E.#1 went thru the civil rights movement(Black Panthers) but thats dead now so it has to go forward.

again what yall think about 50,Jada, & Fat Joe.

i heard piggy bank from 50 and couldnt wait for the response. Jada held me down with 1 verse but fat joe let me down. i cant wait for 50's response but i'm curious what yall think

Premier

Reaction score
between the jadakiss and fat joe responses, i'd have to lean towards jada. i expected a little bit more from fat joe. but what i'm more curious about is what, or if anything, is gonna happen between 50 and nas? my opinion is that nas would destroy 50. :confused:

MysterioX

Reaction score
FUCK 50 CENT,EMINEM,ALL OTHER FAGS LIKE THEM
KNOWONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT THERE SHIT.

*LISTEN TO THESE*
REAL HIP HOP!
-DJ Q-BERT
-MF DOOM
-KRS ONE
-SCRATCH PERVERTS
-DJ SHADOW
-JAZZY JAY
-AFRIKA BAMBAATA
-DJ CA$H MONEY
-ARTIFACTS
-D.I.T.C
-UGLY DUCKLING
-WU TANG
-MADLIB
-GRANDMASTER FLASH

IF ANY ONE LIKES WHAT THEY SEE AND WANTS TO DO AN EXCHANGE
EMAIL ME AT HIPHOPFLIRT@HOTMAIL.COM

Reverend James

Reaction score
Ohm,

Ever hear of:

1200 Hobos
Skratch Bastid
Ox
A-Trac
DJ Jo Run
Mr. Dibbs
Buck 65

MysterioX

Reaction score
Na,would be interested in hearing them if you wanna swap tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.