• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Future of metal music.

blackmetal

Reaction score
Ok so i was thinking during the 70's 80's and early 90's we had so much new and revolutionary bands poping up.And creating new and diffrent metal genres.Like Judas Priest who gave metal music the sound and the look that is now fully recoginsable as the metal head look.Or like when Dio first started using the "horns" sign.Which was later evolved in to the the official metal sign.Or when Venom influenced by motorhead,judas priest started playing music with darker and blacker lyrics with very loud and fast sound.Which later evolved in to black and thrash/speed metal.But i can't say that today we have a metal band who will in 5,10 or 15 years become the next venom or the next motorhead or... i don't know the next black sabbath.I just don't see somethnig revolutionary in todays music.Sure there are plenty of great metal bands today don't get me wrong.But i just don't see them becoming any thing else.Just a great band who played black metal or thrash metal or any other kind of metal.So what do you think ?Am i wrong?Is there such a band that is going to be known for its unique and diffrent sound 20 years from now?Is such a band curently in the making?Or will such a band ever exist again?Your thoughts.:headbang: :question:

METALHEAD666

Reaction score
there are some really cool bands now,but no band i can see as revolutionary. and with the state of american metal if there is to be such a band it will come from sweden,or germany or england.

bands like killswitch engage and shadows fall are good--but they dont make your hair stand on end like real classic metal. my friends call me loser and stuck in the 80's but what is better than OLD METALLICA, PRIEST,MAIDEN,PANTERA,MEGADETH,SLAYER?

to me some of the best bands out now are DIMMU BORGIR,NEVERMORE,TRIVIUM,RHAPSODY,and check out DRAGONFORCE--corny lyrics but the music is wild and very fast guitar.

the best we can hope for is more of these newer bands to be influenced by the older stuff so we will return to a more classic sound

blackmetal

Reaction score
METALHEAD666 said:
there are some really cool bands now,but no band i can see as revolutionary. and with the state of american metal if there is to be such a band it will come from sweden,or germany or england.

Wouldn't be suprised a bit.

METALHEAD666 said:
bands like killswitch engage and shadows fall are good--but they dont make your hair stand on end like real classic metal. my friends call me loser and stuck in the 80's but what is better than OLD METALLICA, PRIEST,MAIDEN,PANTERA,MEGADETH,SLAYER?
Well..NOTHING!But you left out motorhead,venom and a couple of other bands.Bt like i said NOTHING is better then the late 80's early 90's metal.

METALHEAD666 said:
to me some of the best bands out now are DIMMU BORGIR,NEVERMORE,TRIVIUM,RHAPSODY,and check out DRAGONFORCE--corny lyrics but the music is wild and very fast guitar.

Like Borgir haven't herd nevermore dragonforce or trivium but i think i herd some Rhapsody.Ok band epic metal right?

METALHEAD666 said:
the best we can hope for is more of these newer bands to be influenced by the older stuff so we will return to a more classic sound

We can only hope.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
Although he himself said they are not metal, I think that Manson is probably the greatest band that has come out in the past decade or so. As far as anyone having the influence or bad assness of the legends like Priest, Maiden, Sabbath and others I haven't heard anyone coming close to their power. I remain hopeful that someone will step forward amidst the domination of the airwaves by rap and hip-hop.

I don't watch MTV anymore because it is mostly just reality tv shows now but I heard that they are releasing a new brance for Latino music?! WTF!! Where is hte Rock and metal station? Nothing against that kind of music but damn Rock and Metal has been around for ALOT longer.

MTV died the day they cancelled headbangers ball, and not the crappy shit that they are playing now either.

METALHEAD666

Reaction score
MTV -sucks balls for music unless you like rap and horrible fake metal and emo

the only station which plays any metal at all is fuse

metal will grow immensly only if given the chance-it was huge once and will be big again--Headbangers Ball is ok---just need more metal, too many cookie cutter nu-metal and other garbage videos.

blackmetal

Reaction score
Metal is totaly underrated and pushed to the underground.But i noticed that it's getting bigger and bigger every year.For instance last year in croatia we had a couple of good metal concerts including motorhead who by the way rocked the house!But for this year and for 07 some of the bands that are confirmed to come are:satyricon,cradle of filth,enslaved,deicide,vader,grave digger,saxon..and the list goes on and on...which is great.And as i noticed more and more old school metal bands are reuniting and/or making new albums.Which also says something.I say curentlly metal is in limbo.Meaning it is slowly but succesfully geting more and more popularity.And a new era of metal music is on verge of making.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
I agree that Metal will come back full force in the next couple years, hopefully it will cause a decline in all the rap and hip-hop. I don't know about old school bands reuniting and/or making new albums. While I would still give a listen I just don't think it would have the power that the original albums.

All the great bands have had their time, and I think that while they will never be replaced I think that it is time for someone new step up and show the world what real metal is all about.

blackmetal

Reaction score
"I don't know about old school bands reuniting and/or making new albums. While I would still give a listen I just don't think it would have the power that the original albums."

Not sure 'bout that because bands like :Venom,Motoread,Judas Priest have all published new albums in the last year/year and half.And i say they still have the raw and energetic sound they had in the past.
And what you say is true.It's time to hear some new guys make legendary music.Old bands can't live forever no matter how great they are.They will make there peace with music some day....well exept the rollng stones:) :) .They are gonna be alive when i'm gonna be old.:)

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
well exept the rollng stones:) :

Yeah the stones are gonna be playing until they are in the grave, Keith Richards is going to outlive us all though, just gonna be him and some cockroaches left in the end.

I have listened to some of the new stuff that Priest has done, while I think it sounds great, to me it just doesn't have the kick you in the teeth feel that British Steel, Painkiller and Hell Bent for Leather had, and still have on some people. There are very few bands now that can just pump me up lately Priest being one of them.

Though at heart I have always been an Ozzy and Sabbath fan. Another thing I have been thinking lately, I remember back a few years the Lars Ulrich said that metal was dead on some music awards show. I think that when Metallica stops recording metal will come back full force. Now don't get me wrong Metallica before the Black album was THE shit, as it goes though when bands get rich and a big head they lose the uniqueness of what made them powerful. Not all bands, but some.

blackmetal

Reaction score
l3lasphemer said:
Yeah the stones are gonna be playing until they are in the grave, Keith Richards is going to outlive us all though, just gonna be him and some cockroaches left in the end..
LOL,funny but true.If he hasn't died by now he will never.
I think in 2 million years when makind dies.The stones will release 100000 licks album and start thinking about retiering.

l3lasphemer said:
I remember back a few years the Lars Ulrich said that metal was dead on some music awards show. I think that when Metallica stops recording metal will come back full force. Now don't get me wrong Metallica before the Black album was THE shit, as it goes though when bands get rich and a big head they lose the uniqueness of what made them powerful. Not all bands, but some.

True,so true...

Karynak

Reaction score
Pudding said:
you should check out Opeth man , they're amazing.

Yes they are!

I have been listening to Trivium as of late...Their new album sounds good.

Onimusha

Reaction score
I like that swedish band In Flames.

In Flames - Only For The Weak

barosjn

Reaction score
Best metal bands in my opinion are...

Metallica - Their old stuff was what definitely made metal, unlike that Load/ReLoad/Saint Anger crap that has been getting more attention. I say their best three albums are Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and their self-titled black album.

Megadeth - Just as good as Metallica and their new stuff is way better to check out. I recommend Countdown To Extinction, Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings, and The System Has Failed.

KoRn - They were the band that invented nu-metal and even though nu-metal has been hated by many, I admire them for at least creating a different genre of metal. I really like their first three albums (self-titled, Life Is Peachy, and Follow the Leader) and those will always be classics in my collection, but Take a Look in the Mirror was a good disc for the new KoRn to reflect on the old and See You On the Other Side shows that not only have they invented nu-metal, but re-invented industrial metal just when it was getting weak.

System of a Down - They know how to come up with a good dose of songs that are either political or nonsensical. It's a shame that they're losing fans because guitarist Daron Malakian decided to be a lead vocalist. At least he's not singing in a lot of songs, so get every studio album in their discography if you want a nu-metal band that is actually good at what they do.

Stonesour - Yes, the guys who made the radio hits "Bother", "Through Glass", and "sillyworld" are a metal band. A couple of its members are from SlipKnoT (vocalist Corey Taylor and rhythm guitarist Jim Root), but this band beats SlipKnoT in any way, shape, and form. They went more mainstream on their second album, Come What(ever) May, but I say it's just as good a listen as their self-titled debut.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
I have had a few hit and misses with the new bands that say they are metal. I haven't really found any that fit in the genre that I grew up with in the 80's. There is just something about the pure metal of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Wasp, Kiss and so many others that just crush this new stuff.

I agree with you about Metallica though their first albums: Kill em' All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and such are the best and anything after those are when they were heading to 'mainstream' and they started crapping out really bad.

Another one I listen too constantly from the old days is King Diamond, back then I had never heard of them being from overseas, but my wife introduced me to them when we were dating and I just couldn't put the cd's down. He has so many albums that are so powerful with the stories he tells and the way they mix it in with metal is just amazing. The best album I have heard is Abigail. We finally got to see him in concert last year and it was the best performance that I have ever seen. I hear that they are making a new album and will be touring soon, hopefully they come somewhere near where we live in Louisiana, this place is practically a dead zone for awesome bands. You would think that New Orleans would be a big draw for some.

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Ok go listen to Dir En Gray - Japanese metal band sound crazy and heavly endorsed by Jonathan Davies of KoRn.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
phynix said:
Ok go listen to Dir En Gray - Japanese metal band sound crazy and heavly endorsed by Jonathan Davies of KoRn.

I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol.

ragnorar

Reaction score
I say that the HUGE diference in metal today is the in experience in guitar. The riffs are getting weak and they comprimise by downtuning and "getting heavy. As a proud metal and shred guitarist i saw BRING BAK THE SHRED. Only then will the metal come back.....

The bans holding the torch 2day imo are Children of Bodom... Avenged sevenfold guitarists are developing nicely. nothing 2 boggle over tho.

i want my first forum rresponce

thewho

Reaction score
I think the next big thing is Trivium becuse they are getting bigger and bigger for every album that they release. They have only made 3 albums and they are only 20 years old. I don't think that they are gonna be as big as Black Sabbath or the other bands became back then, but if i were to choose wich the next big metal band is.. then it's Trivium.

If you wan't to hear a wierd metal group i can suggest A Life Once Lost. Or maybe not so wierd it's just.. just listen if you haven't heard them.