• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Future of metal music.

Iceberg

Reaction score
I've previewed the newest Dimmu Borgir album "In Sorte Diaboli" and it is SO SO GOOD!!! :breathefi :headbang: :jawdrop: :eyebulge: :twisted:

thewho

Reaction score
and what do you think about Lordi ?? :lol:

I loved that they won the melodyfestival becuse it became such a big shock for the people and media to have a such a "scary" looking band to win, but i don't listen to them so much. I don't dislike the music it's just that i like things harder.. metal is and have always been in my heart.

pingy

Reaction score
In norway, thers nobody to take over when Dimmu Borgir and the rest retire...

nekkid

Reaction score
Some people consider this nu-metal. Whatever the hell that means but I think CKY f'n rules. Its just plain old metal to me. The guitar riffs are long complicated and drawn out, reminds me of Mustaine a little, great stuuf. No power chord crap just lightning fast technical riffs that still groove.

I also love Viking Skull. They are simple staight forward rock singing about beer, loud music, and chicks. They remind me of a heavier AC/DC. They are coming out with a new album soon too.

I don't know what happened to mtv. I remember that mtv was on the cutting edge of music, they would play new stuff from bands that would change the face of music (for the good and for the worse). Hair metal, Nirvana ect. In my opinion they have been doing the same exact thing for 5-7 years. Every single f'n video is rap first of all. And every rap video is EXACTLY the same. The video is shot in the ghetto, with ghetto bitches shaking their asses in front of cars with bling and money. Now as you can tell that is not for me and probably not for anyone in this particular forum, and that is ok but they have been doing that same process and repeating it FOREVER.

I'm sure it's political but why not play some videos of people that can actually play instruments and some up with original songs and grooves? MTV/radio sucking badly = Satelite radio sales.

kimosabi

Reaction score
wahey, some people with taste in music

im english and i can almost assure you, that, if anything new and great happens in metal, it will have absolutely nothing to do with this pitiful country known as england

the best we have to offer is either emo, or worse :/
which sucks cos i play drums for 3 metal bands, and the only thing people want (if its not arctic fuckin monkeys) is emo (along the lines of "funeral for a friend", "bullet for my valentine" and "bring me the horizon")

all pathetically sad but true
england is crap, full of sheep, nobody wants to do anything new, and those that do, dont want metal (or not what i call metal anyway)

as for you views on the good ole days, i wont say anything, as i personally dont listen to old-school metal

im an almost nu-metal nab (machine head, fear factory, chimaira, killswitch, lamb of god)
but i do see what you are saying, as they are not the next big thing, they are just good

alas, i believe the glory days of metal are gone forever, most these days dont even know how to play (which really annoys me, cos i can, and they are the ones who get voted drummer of the year etc :/ )
are they totally forgetting about drumminggods like derek roddy, and flo mounier, damn these metal chav's
dont know what its like with other instruments, but it seems to me, if you're in the best selling band, you're also rated by idiots as the best ____ of the year, hmmmm

nekkid

Reaction score
What do you guys mean when you say that metal is dead and gone forever never to come back? Do you guys mean that it will never be as mainstream as it was with bands like Winger, Poison, Ratt ect.? Are you guys talking about video or radio play?

I honestly could care less. I really don't want it to be incredibly popular again, because all that does is make hundreds of watered down bullshit bands appear that eventually kill the whole resurgance. I would rather see it moderatley popular so that the suits don't sign these guys to big contracts and we end up with albums like Re-Load.

I guess in your case kimosabi if making music is what you do for a living you would see it different but as a faithful fan like myself I just have no desire to hear a kick ass metal band followed by blink 182 and audioslave on the radio.

What do you guys classify HIM as? Metal, emo? IMO they rule regardless, just curious.

sourmash

Reaction score
Mastodon's Leviathan is probably the best metal album in recent years.

METALHEAD666

Reaction score
I recently saw Dimmu Borgir LIVE -on The Invaluable Darkness Tour

always loved this band from the 1st time i heard them---but to see them perform live was special---they sounded fantastic! loud clean and precise--ahppy to see more people getting into them they deserve the recognition!

s6boysam

Reaction score
Kimosabi I agree with basically everything you say mate (i'm English too) but you shouldn't throw around the emo tag with such wanten abandon. Bring Me The Horizon are some of the must untalented cunts ever, (especially after raping 'Eyeless' when they remade it), but they are also about as far removed from emo as can be. Same goes for 'Bullet For My Valentine', in fact their new album is pretty close to just normal generic metal (lke St. Anger). Funeral For a Friend I can see where you are coming from because the lead singers voice is just so fucking whiny I want him to just jump off of a bridge or something. But none of those bands, however much I hate them, are actually classified as emo, so don't throw around the word if you don't know what type of bands fit that bill please.

Now the metal that I am listening to atm:

Bloodsimple - Extremely underrated and amazing live, their first album (A Cruel World) was very sporadic, with some really good stuff on there and some absolute shite on there. Their second album Red Harvest is much more solid and the song Dark Helmet is immense.

All That Remains - I just cannot stop listening to 'The Fall of Ideals' album, EVERY song on it is brilliant, the album 'This Darkened Heart' is also pretty decent but their first album 'Behind Silence and Solitude' isn't really up to much at all.

Children of Bodom - I only own 'blooddrunk' but I can't stop listening to it, especially 'Ghostriders in the Sky', and 'Lookin' out my Back Door' just comes out of fucking nowhere, you gotta love a banjo solo haha.

There are other bands I listen to like KSE, some A7X, As I Lay Dying, American Head Charge, Still Remains (although not anymore :-( ) and Devildriver. Then of course thre is the classic metal like Black Sabbath, Motorhead and the Gods that are Maiden. I also hear that Lostprophets next album is going to be a lot more metal orientated, I won't get my hopes up but it could happen. Oh yeah even though they probably shouldn't be classified as metal, Cancer Bats are a very good band too.