• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

another hurricane...

The Crusher

Reaction score
To Graywolf,

I have no doubt that there's plenty of blame to spread ALL around and even though there will be several committees created to investigate the disaster and the aftermath, I personally don't think the complete truth will ever come out.

Some questions for you based on the information you provided. Basically, if the federal administration had information that the impending hurricane had the potential to cause a disaster, why did the federal government take so long to respond when the reality of what they thought was going to happen started to actually happen? I'm talking Tuesday night and Wednesday. Based on what you reported, wouldn't you think the feds would have had their resources on alert. I understand the legal ramifications of the federal gov. sending troops into a state without authorization, but it shouldn't have taken so long after Blanco knew she has trouble and publically sounded the alarm.

As a contradiction, I saw an interview on Nightline that Ted Koppel did with a Parrish President (like a State Senator) I believe on Wednesday or Thursday night. Ted was really baiting the politician to point the finger at Blanco, but the Parrish President kept saying that Blanco declared the area a disaster as early as Sunday and Monday, even before the storm hit, and requested federal assistance then, but those in charge (FEMA and Dept of Homeland Security) told her she didn't make the request through proper channels and they couldn't help until she did. Based on this, my guess is she went directly to FEMA, which used to be a stand-alone agency but now is under the pervue of Homeland, and she needed to make the request to Homeland.

In addition, Mayor Naggin called for the city to be evacuated days before the storm hit. He must have given enough warning as up to 80% of NO's population got out in time. The remaining 100k or so did not have the means or the desire to leave.

I'm sorry, I don't buy what you reported. I still think the beauracracy created when FEMA got brought under the control of Homeland Security, coupled with the total lack of any disaster management experience by Michael Brown, the head of FEMA, was the primary cause of the post-hurricane mess. Bush's hands-off leadership style didn't help either.

Also, The US Army Corps of Engineers is a federal agency charged, among other things, with maintaining America's infrastructure at home and abroad. The Corps are responsible for maintaining and evaluating the levees in N.O. They have been requesting funds from Congress to not only upgrade the levees to withstand a category 5 hurricane, but to also upgrade the pumps throughout the city. The been doing this for decades. Most recently, they requested $105 million, but only received $40 million. This money received by the Corps cannot be spent on Marinas or anything else. It just wasn't enough and you can blame Congress for this. You can also blame Louisiana's Reps and Senators for not bitching loud enough to get more money. Now, I'm sure the state and the city, on their own, asked for and received money which they said would be used to strengthen the levees. I'm also sure that most, if not all, of that money was spent elsewhere.

Ultimately, there's plenty of blame to go around. Thank God for the American spirit that's coming through to help those people. It's kind of sad, though, seeing that we have the fourth anniversary of 9-11, and the will and internal strength of the American people are being tested again.

Iceberg

Reaction score
Well, what do we have here?

"Firms with White House ties get Katrina contracts

FEMA taps Halliburton subsidiary, Shaw Group, Bechtel for cleanup":

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/10/katrina.contracts.reut/index.html

Fuck off! (Not directed at anyone on Exp0sed. Just to the Bush Administration.)

Now, the clean up job will be overcharged by a few billion dollars and poorly done. Just like in Iraq.

:chainsaw: :breathefi :angryrazz :flipthebi

The Bush Administration makes me sick! :vomit:

ETA: http://us.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/11/katrina.washington.ap/index.html

ETA (again): http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0912-26.htm

Last edited:

elmerfudd

Reaction score
Good ! They should have put he's ass in the water to help clean up the damn mess . He previously headed the International Arabian Horse Association . He should know alot about horse's ass . Freak'en retard !

Gatorman

Reaction score
Haven't read thru this thread but thought people might want an update from New Orleans. We're starting to pull it together down here (and all along the Gulf Coast). The grit and determination of folks in south Louisiana is unmatched. I was quite fortunate in that my place only suffered minor damage. In comparison to so many that came (or will come) back to nothing, I feel quite blessed. I have driven thoughout New Orleans over the past few days (after being in and out of the city for about 10 days) and it's still an eerie place to be. The city itself is supposed to open up again on Monday but, right now, it's still filled with military & emergency personnel, all kinds of contractors from all over the country (mainly power companies) and, of course, the ever present media. Most of the water has been pumped out but the amount of debris, flooded vehicles, destruction, etc., is incredible. Going to be a long expensive rebuilding process. The response from charitable organizations, churches, other municipalities, etc., etc., has been overwhelming. I'm not going to be very active on the forum for awhile (way too many demands on my time) but I'll try to give updates if people are interested.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gator,

Glad to see you made it through, several people have been wondering. We expect a full report when you have some extra time.

Gatorman

Reaction score
mindido said:
Gator,

Glad to see you made it through, several people have been wondering. We expect a full report when you have some extra time.

Thanks, I'll do that. In the meantime, here's a pretty heart wrenching video...... http://gmagic.com/katrina/

Iceberg

Reaction score
Welcome back, Gator! Glad you pulled through!

Take as much time as you need, bud. Exp0sed isn't the most important thing, family and friends are.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure all of us at exp0sed are glad to see you are back and have survived this tragedy. Get your life back on track and then post here. Though, I bet this helps take your mind off of things. Glad to see you back, and good luck with the cleanup.

Ankit Pande

Reaction score
Gatorman's sig said:
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!" -- Sgt. Rock (Retired Sergeant, USMC)

Your life situation at the moment is aptly descirbed by your sig. Heart-felt condolences from all the forum exp0sed Members and n00bs.

Personally, i missed your awesome posts and hoped that u would start posting soon. But, i am willing to wait. Take your time regroup in life and then continue your work on this forum and yes, we do expect a full report.

four words 4 u Crocman...

"Holy shit ... what afreakinRide !!" :)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gator,

Those are some pretty darn good pictures at that website. Very disturbing.

qazx

Reaction score
Gatorman, do u live exactly in New Orleans or close to the city?

Iceberg

Reaction score
Hurricane Rita

Well, it looks like the Houston-Galveston-Corpus Christi area (i.e. the Texas coast) is next on the Hurricane list once Rita passes the Florida Keys and the north Cuban coast. Anyone living in these areas nearest the coast should prepare to evacuate.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/025048.shtml?5day

This one could be nearly as strong as Katrina, since the waters of the Gulf are very warm. My guess is that it reaches Category 4 on landfall, so if you trust me (and even if you don't), please obey all evacuation notices and orders.

Last edited:

Conman

Reaction score
She's now a Cat 2 to going into Cat 3 going past the Keys and going into all the major offshore oil fields. Most of them rigs are already evacuated and some are still in the process.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ice,

Your guess was a bit off. She hit Cat 4 overnight (thats a bit unusual) and is well on her way to Cat 5. Man, that water in the Gulf is like rocket fuel for a hurricane. Wonder why that is?

Current projected landfall is Galveston. And if I heard correctly, there are 7 to 9 refineries just to the northeast of the city. Oh boy, here we go, gas prices on steroids.

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Whatever, everyone knows it's that damn George Bush and his Evil Hurricane Creating Machine.

Last edited:

Gibson

Reaction score
I vote we go matricidal on Mother Nature's ass. Show her who's boss. I may have only been in the path of a few [read: one] hurricanes in my life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit idly by while she keeps me up all night with her goddamn thunder storms. I swear to Christ, one strike shook the building and set off a car alarm down the road, at three in the bloody morning.

This is obviously going to be a long campaign, as we are going up against the force that drives all things, but with enough volunteers, some badass weapons, knowledge, and fortitude, I'm sure we can come out on top.

Who's with me?