• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

another hurricane...

rocketman70092

Reaction score
how did i miss THIS????

I'm going to have to read this later tonight (when hopefully i get my router working). I live in new orleans!

Actually, I lived in St. Bernard Parish. It's a beautiful suburb of new orleans. It was 100% destroyed in the hurricane. There were only 5 structures not touched by water.

since then, I've relocated to Covington (still in the new orleans area, still close enough to commute to work in town everyday).

While I'm going through the thread reading up on things - can all the locals respond just so I know who is who around here? Are you locals rebuilding? Relocating? Or still in those wonderful fema trailers?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
rocketman,

Gatorman is the only one that I know of that lives in that area (or at least used to). There are probably others, I just don't know who they are.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
Hey mindido, I am another south Louisiana resident as well. I live a little further north and west of New Orleans, in a little town called Gonzales, just south of Baton Rouge. We weren't really that affected by the hurricanes, we had some power outages and a little bit of flooding, some downed power lines and such but nothing near what happened to New Orleans. I have been down there many times for work and helped clean up and rebuild some of the buildings, it is looking better and better since last year, there is still a ton of work to be done, but it is starting to return to normal.

Mardi Gras is still going to happen, and the Saints are winning, spirits are on the upswing. The influx of cash from the Saints and their home field advantage in the playoffs will bring in some desperately needed funds, as well as Mardi Gras.

rocketman70092

Reaction score
l3lasphemer said:
Hey mindido, I am another south Louisiana resident as well. I live a little further north and west of New Orleans, in a little town called Gonzales, just south of Baton Rouge. We weren't really that affected by the hurricanes, we had some power outages and a little bit of flooding, some downed power lines and such but nothing near what happened to New Orleans. I have been down there many times for work and helped clean up and rebuild some of the buildings, it is looking better and better since last year, there is still a ton of work to be done, but it is starting to return to normal.

Mardi Gras is still going to happen, and the Saints are winning, spirits are on the upswing. The influx of cash from the Saints and their home field advantage in the playoffs will bring in some desperately needed funds, as well as Mardi Gras.

We looked at some homes in Gonzales for a while!

Yeah, everyone is going nuts about the Saints. Should be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs - considering the few times we did make it that far, we got our arses kicked.

And yeah, the city wants to keep mardi gras moving. I remember they had it the mardi gras after katrina. They were only showing the parade routes, the places cameras and tourists would be. What they didnt show was just 2 blocks off the parade routes, the neighborhoods were totally FUBAR

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad to hear from you guys and I really thing that those of you that live in the vicinity need to keep the rest of us informed about what is happening down there.

It seems that most of the media (except CNN) has forgotten about you guys so I think its important that you guys keep us informed. It really is too important a story to be forgotten. I'm always interested to hear whats happening there because its such an interesting human interest story.

I hope you guys will keep us informed as best you can. Let us know your stories (both good and bad) so that we can learn a bit.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
mindido said:
Personally, I'm glad to hear from you guys and I really thing that those of you that live in the vicinity need to keep the rest of us informed about what is happening down there.

It seems that most of the media (except CNN) has forgotten about you guys so I think its important that you guys keep us informed. It really is too important a story to be forgotten. I'm always interested to hear whats happening there because its such an interesting human interest story.

I hope you guys will keep us informed as best you can. Let us know your stories (both good and bad) so that we can learn a bit.

yeah most of the media and help from government funding as well it seems. My wife and I will be heading to New Orleans at the end of February for the Cradle of Filth/69 Eyes concert, will see how things look since the last time we were there.