• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Religious Right, right?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mox,

"but it decided to send the standards to an outside academic for review before taking a final vote. "

As long as FSM is the outside academic source I think this is great! :)

Man, it sure is nice to finally see the light! I don't know what I was thinking before I found out about FSM. I think I'll become a missionary.

moxdevil

Reaction score
Actually when reading further it isn't the worst-case scenario. They don't claim to be teaching ID yet, merely being REALLY critical of Evolution. Still i've been misled on that whole peer-review aspect of science, here's me thinking it was peer criticism when in reality it was just a mutual accord group! :confused:

I wonder if the "outside academic" will be a creationist with a PhD? Not likely to be FSM i'm afraid, we will have to remain a 'persecuted minority' just like those poor Christian Fundies like to present themselves as.

I think we'll have to produce a load of patronising literature, you know the kind that starts like "Just a quick recap of what FSM did.

FSM came so that you could be saved. We have all done things that are wrong in FSM's eyes for none are righteous in FSM's sight. Through FSM's grace we are brought back from a place where we are separated from Him to a real relationship with your creator, He who formed you in your mothers womb..."

Then we can go on tv and thank FSM for our gold medals and oscars...and conveniently not ascribe our cock-ups to Him also. I mean nobody wants to hear from the Lions wide-receiver, "i blame FSM for me dropping yet another catch' do they? :)

But remember brother Min we are a persecuted minority, and everybody else is shielding their eyes from the truth of 'our lord FSM' out of pride and vanity. :lol:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Aaahhh well,

We just need to convert some of those fundies. I hear mind control works pretty well. Especially since they have such little ones. Takes no time at all.

moxdevil

Reaction score
Damn i've slipped up again. It's science not religion that we're advocating here.

As for conversion, other religious groups subscribe to the motto, "Get em while they're young!" though this often has a dual meaning for the clergy: brain-washing and/or molestation. :(

Last edited:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mox,

You know what we have to do now! We have to apply for 501(c)3 status (I'm not sure what the tax code says in Britain) so that we also can name ourselves priests and then everything we do from now on is tax deductable! No more property taxes, gas taxes, etc. etc. Man, why didn't we think of this earlier? We could get rich!

moxdevil

Reaction score
We need a 'church' or whatever, and we need to have a clause whereby all believers hand over their money and property to the church. Donations on a weekly basis would be ideal as well. Of course we'd have to make it seem as though the money isn't going to us personally, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Could be more difficult getting tax-benefits in Britain, the church of Scientology failed. A sure fire way of getting a nice council flat, furniture, a car and cash for shopping, here in Britain though is if you tell everyone that you wish to kill them and hate them, problem with this though is that it could put a dampener on converting non-extremists. So i think it would be easier to set up in the States. :)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mox,

A church in the States is a 501(c)3. It allows the church (or any not-for-profit org.) to basically do whatever they want (there are a few limits, sigh....). We can charge tithes (I think that what they're called), say 10% of whatever the fools (oops, congregants) make. Jeez, you could probably then afford to go to Harvard and I could buy out Hugh Hefner (you know, just thinking about it, we should make him our chief priest or pope or something). I'm sure FSM would be proud.

moxdevil

Reaction score
If we drew up a list of women that Hef should get to pose for playboy and he paid whatever it takes for it to become reality i'd def have him as high priest. :)

On another note i found this which was on today in the states-

WBUR, Boston's NPR station, "On Point" show will feature guests Dawkins and Gilder on the Evolution vs ID "debate".

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2005/08/20050810_a_main.asp

Has mediaplayer link to what was said. Gilder who is one of the main guys behind ID is on first, followed by Dawkins, and then they had Michael Ruse on briefly at the end giving historical perspective.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gilder is one of their main spokesmen?

He said something about how man is the greatest force in the universe. What in the heck kind of idiot is he?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mox,

I'm 99% sure this is satire. The Onion is a local newspaper (I see they've branched out) that is noted for their satire. They've been around for quite a while now (at least 10 years) and have always been a bit of a hoot.

moxdevil

Reaction score
mindido said:
Mox,

I'm 99% sure this is satire. The Onion is a local newspaper (I see they've branched out) that is noted for their satire. They've been around for quite a while now (at least 10 years) and have always been a bit of a hoot.

Yeah it seems as though it is just a parody of ID, still they want to watch out- putting ideas like that into people's heads. ID has aleady proven too many people are gullible to such nonsense. :D

Pat Robertson, we get him on occasion on one of the cable religious channels, it surprises me more that he didn't get to this stage earlier. :nuts:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Robertson must be certifiable. A religious leader (?) calling for an assassination? Jeez, seems like religion has changed a bit. Whatever happened to the Gandi's or MLK's of the world? Seems like someone ought to assassinate Robertson.

moxdevil

Reaction score
mindido said:
Robertson must be certifiable. A religious leader (?) calling for an assassination? Jeez, seems like religion has changed a bit. Whatever happened to the Gandi's or MLK's of the world? Seems like someone ought to assassinate Robertson.

If this was said in the UK, under our new anti-terror laws he would get done for inciting violence, perhaps anywhere in Europe. Any such procedure in the US?

Then again we in the UK can't even lock-up those jolly Muslim clerics who love us to death, so perhaps not.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mox,

I'm not sure. You would think there would be something about inciting violence but the Bushies would never do anything to Robertson as thats Bush's base. There are laws related to political speech and being involved with a 501(c)3 tax exempt org., but, again, I doubt the Bushies will do anything about it for the same reason.

Iceberg

Reaction score
Whatever happened to "Thou shall not kill", Robertson? I thought he was a Christian. It turns out he's a redneck freak.

Red Horse

Reaction score
Had to jump in here again at this point, although I read this thread somewhat regularly without posting.
So...
Pat Robertson, the head of a fairly large, but powerful, religious group calls for an assassination of a head of state.
George Bush, who subscribes to the same type of (though not necessarily Robertson's) evangelical Christianity, has kept quiet so far, thus tacitly, if not approving, not actually condemning the statement.
Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, with his rhetoric, foments hatred among his populace about America because the country has oil and flouts that in the face of the States (just across a big lake from them too!)
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, this year's nominees for the "Kim Jong-il Completely Out Of Touch" award...may the lowest I.Q. win.

Iceberg

Reaction score
Red Horse, Chavez is completely in touch with the needs of the poor in his country. With the profits from Venezuela's nationalised oil industry, he has built hospitals, free universities, and other institutions that will raise the standard of living of these vulnerable people.

Chavez has not created a "hatred among his populace about America." He has created a distrust among his populace about the American government (well-deserved, in my books, relating to this geographic region), which has meddled in the politics of Latin America hundreds of times with horrific results. (Cases in point, Nicaragua vs. the Sandinistas; Chile with the Allende turnover to the criminal General Pinochet; and in Grenada.)

In this category of "Completely Out of Touch," Robertson would win, followed by Bush in close second with Chavez distantly behind in third.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Red Horse,

I have to say that I knew very little about Chavez until Robertson opened his big yap and proved what an idiot he is. So this a.m. I decided to do a little research on the guy. What I found is very interesting and worth sharing.

Lets start with what Robertson said exactly (text and video):

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508220006

Seems this whole thing, again, boils down to oil and the White Houses attempts to control it. Probably the most interesting quote follows:

"But to feed and house the darker folk in those bread and brick lines, Chavez would need funds, and the 16% slice of the oil pie wouldn't do it. So the President of Venezuela demanded 30%, leaving Big Oil only 70%. Suddenly, Bill Clinton's ally in Caracas became Mr. Cheney's -- and therefore, Mr. Bush's -- enemy.

So began the Bush-Cheney campaign to "Floridate" the will of the Venezuela electorate. It didn't matter that Chavez had twice won election. Winning most of the votes, said a White House spokesman, did not make Chavez' government "legitimate." Hmmm. Secret contracts were awarded by our Homeland Security spooks to steal official Venezuela voter lists. Cash passed discreetly from the US taxpayer, via the so-called 'Endowment for Democracy,' to the Chavez-haters running today's "recall" election."

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0817-01.htm

There doesn't seem to be much middle of the road info on him, these are the best I could find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Chávez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Chávez#Coup_attempt_against_Ch.C3.A1vez

Some additional info:

http://www.alternet.org/story/16255/

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050411&s=parenti

I guess he doesn't like the UN too much either and has evidence the CIA is trying to oust him (contrary to what the US govt. says)

http://www.counterpunch.org/wilpert09232003.html

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0816-03.htm