• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

tipping bartenders/should you or not?

quixotically

Reaction score
you ass.

since when did waiters enter the argument.

slashes can be used as commas online. in fact, numerous offline publications as well use the slash as a new age sort of comma.

BeZerker2007

Reaction score
I tip the first time and after that I don't unless it's a cute girl. :skeezy: I think the tipping argument should be summed up by the tipping argument with Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs.

Brianwp

Reaction score
I always tip bartenders, Gatorman lists good reasons. As a result, when I'm in a busy bar, I never have to sit around waiting to get the barman's attention..they'll look out for you.

If you work at a job that depends on tips you'll understand. I tended bar for a while, and it can get very frantic. I also drove a cab in Jersey City, NJ for a couple of years when I was young, and I made many observations about tippers there. The main one being...the more well to do the client was, the smaller the tip you usually get. I would take these executives to work, and they'd throw a quarter at you, or something.

Regular working stiffs know the value of a dollar, and are much more generous. I used to drive this one old black lady home from getting groceries. She would always give a good tip, and I knew she was poor. One time I tried to tell her not to give me that much, but she just said "no, if the other guys found out you were getting less they'd get mad at you". She lived in the projects, and it was kinda dangerous to drive in there, but she was old and had bags, so I would bring her right to her door. If one of those executives wanted to go there, I'd leave em on the fuckin curb.

marquis

Reaction score
Tipping bar staff is peculiar to North America and is a ridiculous system.Elsewhere in the world the service is part of the price of the drink and the staff are payed a proper wage.Bar work isn't rocket science, I've done it myself, and it doesn't justify a dollar just to fill a glass or take the top off a bottle.And it isn't the customers' job to worry that staff are underpaid and rely on tips, they don't enter bars as social workers.
This is what I expect and receive as normal minimal service. To be served promptly and cheerfully, if the bar is busy to be served in turn.To be given a clean glass (a legal requiremant anyway) , to be given a full measured pint (also a legal requirement) , all spillages cleaned up and to be given a sample of a beer I'm not sure about.I find it quite amusing that my US friends say tipping ensures better service. In a bar full of good tippers who gets served first?
There seems to be also a misunderstanding of words. A gratuity is something given freely from choice and can't be part of any price or deal.It's not the same as a service charge.

Ulysses_31

Reaction score
Tipping just dosnt seem to make sence, Why should you tip a barman who serves you a drink, but not tip a fireman who pulls you out a burning building...

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I'm glad you took this topic up again beacuse every time I go out to eat I wonder if I should tip and how much.

Elsewhere in the world the service is part of the price '

Is it really?

I mean tipping is easy when a place has like a tip jar or something else. You just drop in some coins and paper and you're done. But what if there isn't a jar? Should I tip, and how? Leave some cash under my plate?

Also how much to tip? My tips have been from around 25% to 200% - the last one was when I didn't have small bills and the girl (providing the service) had a very nice personality and was VERY HOT, so that's excusable.

marquis

Reaction score
I'm glad you took this topic up again beacuse every time I go out to eat I wonder if I should tip and how much.

Is it really?

I mean tipping is easy when a place has like a tip jar or something else. You just drop in some coins and paper and you're done. But what if there isn't a jar? Should I tip, and how? Leave some cash under my plate?

Also how much to tip? My tips have been from around 25% to 200% - the last one was when I didn't have small bills and the girl (providing the service) had a very nice personality and was VERY HOT, so that's excusable.

I was talking about bars, in particular pubs which in the UK have to display prices in a prominent place and this price is what you pay and all you pay.Occasionally the bar staff will be offered "one for yourself?" when ordering; most often this will be declined with thanks, it really depends if they are thirsty at the time!
It's different when eating when many people leave tips. These are occasionally left in pubs but more often in proper eating establishments.Very often people simply round up the bill or don't accept the change.If a meal comes to £18.20 it would be quite acceptable to pay with a £20 note saying "keep the change"
In the UK all workers receive at least the minimum wage (about £6 an hour , say $9 at the normal rate of exchange)
Check the bill to see whether a "service charge" has been added.If so there is no need for a tip, it's in the price.Otherwise pay what you think the service deserved.

v1v1d

Live and let live
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I once double dated . - the bill for food and drinks came to around R800 ( $ 130 ) . My friend insisted on paying with his credit card . The " cute " waitress asked him to fill in the tip allowance slip . He said " Honey , just fill it out yourself " ( In an effort to impress us. )

She gave herself a R 500 tip . He was not impressed . Me and my date thought it was funny . :D

Edward the Great

Reaction score
Where i live bartenders and waitresses are payed under the minimum wage. They depend on their tips to make a living. They even get taxed on the tip they make. In a restaurant i'll usually tip 20% or so, if the service really sucks i'll still pay 15% tip... in a bar, a $4.50 drink i'll leave $1.50 tip...a $7.00 drink a $2.00 tip, and if my tour costs 12 bucks, i'll give the barkeep 15 and tell him to keep the change... that's about standard around here.

marquis

Reaction score
Where i live bartenders and waitresses are payed under the minimum wage. They depend on their tips to make a living. They even get taxed on the tip they make. In a restaurant i'll usually tip 20% or so, if the service really sucks i'll still pay 15% tip... in a bar, a $4.50 drink i'll leave $1.50 tip...a $7.00 drink a $2.00 tip, and if my tour costs 12 bucks, i'll give the barkeep 15 and tell him to keep the change... that's about standard around here.

It isn't the customers' business how much the staff are paid.That's a matter between them and their employers.Same as buying cheap clothing, do you send the factory workers a tip?
The craziness of the system though is the percentage basis.You leave $2 for a $7 drink and $1.50 for a $4.50 drink. Please explain why an extra 50 cents is deserved for doing exactly the same thing? And tipping for poor service is just stupid, it encourages low standards.
Another thing that happens is that staff sometimes give "freebies" to good tippers.But that could well mean that the owner stands the cost of encouraging tips, it could even be regarded as encouraging theft. That depends on the bar policy of course.
Overall you guys end up paying more overall and for poorer service than is normal in Europe. Where I go the staff are superb, they make the visit a "feel good" occasion as nothing is too much trouble for them and there's always a bit of pleasant chat.And I get served without delay.