• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Who's the best guitarist?

scottbritt

Respected Member
Reaction score
Saw Neil Young last night and he is an amazing guitarist. He had about 8 guitars around him and he rotated guitars ever song to give it a special sound. He rocked the house.

singhr

Reaction score
scottbritt said:
Saw Neil Young last night and he is an amazing guitarist. He had about 8 guitars around him and he rotated guitars ever song to give it a special sound. He rocked the house.

Holy Shit where did you see Neil Young??

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I am amazed nobody has mentioned Junior Brown or Dick Dale

shakleford69

Reaction score
singhr said:
scottbritt said:

The Bridge School Benefit. I wish I could have gone.

singhr

Reaction score
shakleford69 said:
singhr said:
scottbritt said:

The Bridge School Benefit. I wish I could have gone.

Oh man that would have rocked. I've always wanted to see him live but he's never come here!!

scottbritt

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tony Bennet, Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, and Paul Macartney played. Macartney was the best act of the night and rocked the house with Beatles song such as Lady Madonna, Blackbird, Drive My Car, Hey Jude, and Let it Be. Best night of my life.

WholeLottaZep

Reaction score
I kind of can't believe that no one's mentioned Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic yet. He's not the best but Maggot Brain stops me dead in my tracks whenever I hear it. As you might've guessed by my name, I do dig Jimmy Page as well, but he's shadowed by Jimi Hendrix and possibly David Gilmour. I might've missed it, but does anyone here think Jeff Beck is the best? I won't deny he's got talent, but he bores me.

Fresh Prince

Reaction score
the1the0nly said:
Tim Reynolds is pretty damn good too.

Anyone here even HEARD of him?

I am sorry everyone, but Jimi Hendrix, Tim Reynolds, Eric Clapton, Slash, Dave Matthews, and Wes Borland (formerly Limp Bizkit) are the sickest guitar players I have heard

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Wes Borland haha nice call. Dude is a frikkin animal on stage. I heard awhile back he would be joining Evanescence! Don't think it has happened but damn that would be great.

Davidian

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
Wes Borland haha nice call. Dude is a frikkin animal on stage. I heard awhile back he would be joining Evanescence! Don't think it has happened but damn that would be great.

He's back with Limp Noodle...er...I mean Biskit

Reverend James

Reaction score
As much as I dig Hendrix (I have his stuff from vinyl to cassette to CD to DVD-A) but he is far from the best. Definitely talented, but a lot of the stuff he is famous for was just noise and took little in the way of rhythm or real ability. Granted, his songs that were not so abstract were bang-on and definitely in a very elite class, but he went a little too far out there, sort of like the guitar equivalent of Sun Ra (jazz). Hendrix was the first, but definitely not the best.

I talked to a few of my guitar-crazed friends and one name that kept coming up was Bucket Head. Not familiar myself, anyone have any knowledge on this?

shakleford69

Reaction score
Reverend James said:
As much as I dig Hendrix (I have his stuff from vinyl to cassette to CD to DVD-A) but he is far from the best. Definitely talented, but a lot of the stuff he is famous for was just noise and took little in the way of rhythm or real ability. Granted, his songs that were not so abstract were bang-on and definitely in a very elite class, but he went a little too far out there, sort of like the guitar equivalent of Sun Ra (jazz). Hendrix was the first, but definitely not the best.

I talked to a few of my guitar-crazed friends and one name that kept coming up was Bucket Head. Not familiar myself, anyone have any knowledge on this?
Buckethead can do some crazy things on guitar. He has played with such bands as: Praxis, Guns & Roses, and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. He may be insane, but that's where his creativity draws from.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Thanks mang, just after I wrote that a co-worker told me that she thought that he was in the G-n-R reunion fiasco. I now know who he is but don't recall his chops. I just thought of another guitar great... El Kabong, Quick-Draw McGraw's alter-ego... he did some crazy shit with guitars.

ophidian

Reaction score
I can't believe no one metioned Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci, probably technically the sickest guitarist I've ever heard (in the rock/metal style). Plus this band regularly plays shows consisting of 2 sets totalling up to 3 hours, plus an encore. Ridiculous. :shock:

Red Horse

Reaction score
No one's said anything about one of the best (my favourite)...Ritchie Blackmore...while he's not THE best (that would be Hendrix), he's totally amazing and almost technically perfect. And, of course, he came up with the riff that every kid who picks up a guitar thinking of becoming a rock star first learns...duh duh duh, duh duh DUH duh, duh duh duh, duh duh... :wink:
Also, the triumvirate from the Yardbirds: Clapton, Beck and Page...two that haven't been mentioned: Pat Metheny and Al DiMeola...another fave of mine Rory Gallagher.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Red Horse said:
No one's said anything about one of the best (my favourite)...Ritchie Blackmore...while he's not THE best (that would be Hendrix), he's totally amazing and almost technically perfect. And, of course, he came up with the riff that every kid who picks up a guitar thinking of becoming a rock star first learns...duh duh duh, duh duh DUH duh, duh duh duh, duh duh... :wink:
Also, the triumvirate from the Yardbirds: Clapton, Beck and Page...two that haven't been mentioned: Pat Metheny and Al DiMeola...another fave of mine Rory Gallagher.

I think that Blackmore's post-Deep Purple stuff ruined him for me... unless I am confusing him with someone else.

I am just glad that no one has mentioned CC DeVille as being a great guitarist. His playing is dog shit. He did a track with my friend's band and I was told that he is still the most successful horrible guitarist in the world.

The_Thief

Reaction score
I know that Don Ho used wear the shit out of a ukulele!!!! Is that considered a gee-tar??? lmao

Nickomartin

Reaction score
You gotta love those trashy 80's guitarists of all the glam metal bands, here's my top long haired shredders:

1. C.C. DeVille (Poison)
2. John Sykes (Whitesnake)
3. Mick Marrs (Motley Crue)
4. Jerry Dixon (Warrant)
5. Warren DeMartini (Ratt)

They were bad but good, and they made you smile!

pork_soda

Reaction score
One of my favorites is alvin lee of ten years after his sound is kinda sloppy (from another guitar players opion) but he did some really crazy stuff in the I'd love to change the world solo

Thought if u didnt know about this program and ur a guitar player your missing out its guitar pro u can get a free trail version at www.guitar-pro.com its kick ass and easy to use

nynex

Reaction score
Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)
Tom Morello (RAGE)
Trent Reznor/Robin Fink (NIN)
Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)
Adrien Belew (Bowie)
Guitarists for the CURE & RADIOHEAD (to lazy to lookup names haha)

My ALL Time Favorite
THE EDGE
His use of effects and melodic delays is just heavenly.

I am more of an atmospheric/stylized guitar lover. Shredding is a definate skill but taking that instrument to a new level is where its. Going beyond just the 6 strings and ultraspeed scales and reinventing the instrument.

If you guys are into Computer Audio Software check out
GUITAR RIG.
ITS GOT ALL YOUR FAVORITE GUITARISTS PRESETS. ITS AMAZING!
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?guitarrig_us

SO MUCH FUN.