• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Who's the best guitarist?

madpierr0t

Reaction score
hmmm....

As far as old school guitarists go I would agree with Clapton, and hendrix. They both could pull of some hard licks while singing.

As far as new school, I have always though Billy Corgan was really good, both guitarists from In Flames can sure shred a fretboard, and Rivers Coumo/Brian Bell from Weezer could sure put excellent melodies together.

All in all there are way too many good guitarists to choose just one

Gibson

Reaction score
Jlo23 is right. The only good way to determine the best guitarist is to break it down into decades and genres. Otherwise, it's impossible to narrow the list down to only one guitarist that is "The Best". If someone says they can, they must not have listened to many other guitarists on the list. After this, it's all subjective; and thus my top list:

Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hedrix
Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton

radtcma

Reaction score
I know that i am reviving an old thread for my first post but I am a big fan of Tim Reynolds. I saw him live when he and Dave Matthews came to town. Excellent concert. Two guitarists doing nothing but acoustic songs. Amazing. They have 2 CD's out together. If you like that kind of stuff check them out

BigD

Reaction score
Hendrix,Clapton,Santana.

End of Story!

barosjn

Reaction score
Too Many Guitarists

There are so many good guitarists in the music industry that it's hard for me to pick a really good one. The best bassist though is Les Claypool from Primus.

rich2rob

Reaction score
My favs

Jimi Page - listen to any Led Zeppelin

Carlos Santana

Jimi Hendrix

Duane Eddy - 50s guitarist

Hank Marvin

amfortas

Reaction score
best guitarists...

Joe Morris
Derek Bailey
Keiji Haino
Keith Rowe
Taku Sugimoto

junkmail41a

Reaction score
I think Zakk Wylde is being overlooked. I know a lot of people are going to say that he just plays Randy Rhodes stuff, but he does it cleaner and faster. He shows respect to Randy's music, but builds off of it and makes it his own. Plus his playing on Black Label Society, Pride and Glory, and the Ozzy stuff he wrote are all unbelievable.
I think part of what makes a guitarist great, is being to amaze everyone, not just us jaded musicians.
P.S. Jimmy Page WAS great ... on Zeppelin I. After that, his technical skill dropped off dramatically. Listen to the solos on the first album compared to Heartbreaker (which many people think is a great solo) Heartbreaker is very sloppy by comparison. He was a great songwriter, but his technical skills are overrated.

anfield1

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but 4 pages in and not one mention of John Squire??? He may not be THE best (probably Hendrix), but he definitely deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as most other guitarists who have been named in this thread.

Here's two of my favourite songs with great Squire solos in a zip file.

1. I am the resurrection (Stone Roses album)
2. Love Spreads (second Coming album)

http://rapidshare.de/files/813200/Stone_Roses.zip.html

rapidshare guidelines:

On the first page go to the bottom of the page and click on 'free'.
On the second page scroll again to the bottom, wait about 30 seconds (there is a counter) and when the filename appears, you can right-click on it and save target as.. (don't use a download accelerator, rapidshare won't allow it unless you are a premium member!!!)

Last edited:

Reverend James

Reaction score
Dudes... what about Cage the Rage from Tenacious D? My man K-G can swing that axe like nobody's business.

krueger

Reaction score
This question is rather silly.

It is impossible to compare such different guitarists as for example Malmsteen, Clapton, Slash and Hammet because they have developed their own styles of playing.
Malmsteen is best at what he's doing, Clapton is best at what he's doing and so on.
So my two cents says that the question should be "Which guitarist do you like the most?".
I doubt Clapton could play Malmsteens arpeggios for instance.

I like Hetfield, because he play's so friggin' fast with those downstrokes ( A round of "Master of Puppets" totally wears me out )
And I like Slash, because his solos are easy to play and really wonderful.
And I like Jani in Sonata Arctica because his solos are mega fast and really melodic. If you like Malmsteen you should hear him.

Boss

Reaction score
For thrash: Dave Mustaine, hands fucking down, made me pick up a guitar for the first time. Not only is he an excellent guitar player, but he's also one real son of a bitch when it comes to writing songs and riffs!

For everything else: Jimmy Page.