• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

December 21, 2012

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Well, I guess Will Smith or Bruce Willis will save us once again.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
The only thing that bother me is the whole Winter Solstice thing where scientists actually believe that either the north and south pole will switch, causing climate changes and birds to become confused, or the earth will start rotating in the opposite direction and the north and south poles will change their place on the planet making North America the north pole....

It only happens every 25,000 some years....so we don't know what happens!

Kane,

You're mixing two things up. The Mayan (and other) predictions claim the end? at the winter solstice (usually December 21 or 22 every year).

I'm having to dig back in the gray matter (college geology) but the switching of the poles is very well established. There have been several geomagnetic studies of the plates at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean (spreading plates) which show the poles reversing about every 25,000 years. And I think we are about due. But that has nothing to do with the solstices. Its just one possible explanation of what "could" happen on the 2012 winter solstice. Nobody's ever seen one of these happen but I don't think it would have extremely dire effects. But I could be wrong.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nobody's ever seen one of these happen but I don't think it would have extremely dire effects. But I could be wrong.

There are many different things that could happen when the poles change...or the poles may change location. But I've read a few different things that could happen 2012. The Mayan calendar is one thing leaning towards the human race going through an enlightenment and realization.

Then there's the pole switch....and some people are saying things about the Winter Solstice causing problems with everything else going on.

Has humans been on the earth 25,000 years? While it won't destroy the earth it very may well make life on earth impossible.

With the earth going through a whole cycle, are we just a part of the cycle? Does life (human or other) die and then come back throughout it's cycle? What I'm saying is, is human life just a part of the earth's cycle? Think about that!

When I originally posted this I was all into this and believing...but not so much anymore...something may happen then...but we'll just have to wait and find out!

Reply!!! What do you all think?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
There are many different things that could happen when the poles change...or the poles may change location.

Hey Kane,

Actually, the locations of the polls are changing all of the time. One of the things I do for my primary profession is land surveying. Throughout recorded history, most surveyors used to use magnetic bearings, and some still do today. In college, I was trained to start using the Sun and math to obtain true directions (true north vs. magnetic north). We need true directions for incorporation into GIS and GPS as magnetic won't work because it moves around all the time. Depending on where you are on the planet the difference between true and magnetic can be greater than 30 degrees. I live in south central Wisconsin where the "average" difference is about 8 degrees. The bottom line is, the magnetic poles are moving all of the time with very few people knowing or caring. A 180 degree switch? Well, no one really knows but I don't "think" it would be a real major deal. But again, I could be wrong.

But I've read a few different things that could happen 2012. The Mayan calendar is one thing leaning towards the human race going through an enlightenment and realization.

I've read some of the same things. But I have to say that I'm really skeptical about human "enlightenment". Especially any time soon. From virtually everything I see, humans are backsliding, not progressing. How does that figure into the predictions? I have no idea. I guess I just don't see it as a positive indicator.

Then there's the pole switch....and some people are saying things about the Winter Solstice causing problems with everything else going on.

Remember what the solstices are. Winter solstice is the shortest day of the year while the summer solstice (usually June 21) is the longest. There is no connection between the solstices and the magnetic poles other than the speculation about 2012.

Has humans been on the earth 25,000 years? While it won't destroy the earth it very may well make life on earth impossible.

Humans have been on this planet for several hundred thousand years at least. But they left virtually no record of what they did or what happened to them. The first "known" recorded civilization was in Iraq (then Mesopotamia) about 5 to 6,000 years ago followed closely by the Egyptians. Some people talk about the possibility of Atlantis but, to this point, there is still no solid info that that civilization actually existed.

Magnetic pole switching is not something I'm particularly worried about when you consider there are other things that could really wipe the human species off the map. Yellowstone, comets and meteors, Indonesian volcanoes; all of these DO have the potential of wiping us all out. The poles switching? There would certainly be some inconvenience for some but it wouldn't be at the top of my list of things to worry about.

With the earth going through a whole cycle, are we just a part of the cycle? Does life (human or other) die and then come back throughout it's cycle? What I'm saying is, is human life just a part of the earth's cycle? Think about that!

Of course we're a part of the cycle! Being as we're probably the most intelligent species to dominate the planet its probably up to us how long we stay here. The problem is that I don't see us doing the things which must be done to ensure that we do stay. If anything, we're getting dumber. So we won't even come close to how long the dinosaurs lasted.

When I originally posted this I was all into this and believing...but not so much anymore...something may happen then...but we'll just have to wait and find out!

There's not much else you can really do. I would recommend, if you have the time, that you study what the ancients were trying to tell us. I did for several years, and I have to tell you that some of the things they were (and are) saying is highly accurate. My "guess" is that we're probably in for some troubling times. Especially if we keep going the way we are.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing, the stories that go along with that date whether true or not are among the best ever written. Atlantis, the light bulbs and helicopters in the pyramids, the cities of glass created by extreme heat, the current medical symbol of snakes climbing to a pair of wings representing dna which has been used for thousands of years. They all go back to one thing... that this has all been done before. Recycled technology. Weird that indians were flying around in hot air balloons a few thousand years ago and creating pictures on the ground so large that you have to be up their to even see it. But whats crazy is that it makes sense because they were story tellers and legend makers. Simple people just like the surviors will be when most of us are wiped out. Well sleep tight. lol But really though you guys should check out Joe Rogans from Fear Factors stand up comedy. He talks about this stuff and he believes it.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
After doing more and more research I really don't think anything will happen December 21, 2012. Why? All this junk on the internet is all lies and partial truths. So there are some key things that are happening and it's going to be pretty neat because they are all happening at the same time, happening only once every 26,000 years, but we have traced skeletons and the like back 200,000 years to the first homo-sapien and 4.8 billion or something like that back to the first human...so...the human race has went through many of these occurrences and stays here on earth moving right along...

Nothing will happen...but it will be something neat to look at up in the sky...the milky way will be on the horizon while the sun sets....that's it!

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
we have traced skeletons and the like back 200,000 years to the first homo-sapien and 4.8 billion or something like that back to the first human...

Maybe 4.8 million years for the first humans as the earth is only around 5 billion years old itself.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone saw it, but The History Channel had a one hour show on 2012 last night and it was pretty interesting. They seemed to throw a lot of stuff in there that had nothing to do with 2012 (just general prophecy) but overall worth a watch.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Maybe 4.8 million years for the first humans as the earth is only around 5 billion years old itself.

Where did you get that information?

Everywhere I look...nobody knows how old the earth is...they just know the oldest fossil found...but even then...they don't know if that's the oldest fossil.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Where did you get that information?

Everywhere I look...nobody knows how old the earth is...they just know the oldest fossil found...but even then...they don't know if that's the oldest fossil.

I studied astronomy for a couple of years back in college. Find it all very fascinating. Of course they don't know exactly how old the Earth is, but scientists estimate 4.5-5 billion years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

Reel69

Reaction score
I am glad to see people talking about this!

I have looked at the 2012 phenomenon quite a bit. I think there really is something to it. There is just too much unrelated stuff pointing to it. The Mayan Calander, Crop Circles, Timewave Zero, and channelled info are just a few of the things pointing to 2012 as a year of significance.

There's a few good sites out there dedicated to the topic. Doom2012.com is my favorite at the moment. It has lots of videos to watch which keeps me interested.

Something will happen on 12/21/2012. However, there is no simple answer as to what will happen... There is much available for the serious researcher, but beware that some of the theories may challenge personally held belief systems.

For example, one theory which I currently believe is plausible is that an electromagnetic wave that is on a 309,000 year cycle is returning to our sector of space/time. The wave will cause a reality shift for living beings possibly by activating DNA sequences as a by-product of the EM wave. The 3rd dimensional world which we know will only be a memory as the reality shift places us in a higher density of being...an existence outside of the restraints of linear time which also allows for variable physicality and the warping of reality to generate instant gratification of directed will. Sounds crazy, I know..

I've done quite a bit of research and I don't mind sounding "out there".. My friends thought I was nuts when I started talking some of the 2012 stuff a few years ago. After they kept asking questions & did their own research, they have developed their own beliefs and now hold beliefs that would have been quickly dismissed just a short time ago!

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Anybody checked with the bookies in Vegas about this? Not chastising anyone, but there might actually be some money in this? Hell, they take bets on when they think celebrities might die!

Reel69

Reaction score
Hmm.. I couldn't find any 2012 bets currently offered on the web after a quick check..

I did find reports that BetUS.com was offering bets about a year ago at 100 to 1 odds that Manhattan would be under water before the start of 2012. Florida was 10 to 1 odds. However, I checked their site and was unable to find any current betting options for these future props...

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
For example, one theory which I currently believe is plausible is that an electromagnetic wave that is on a 309,000 year cycle is returning to our sector of space/time. The wave will cause a reality shift for living beings possibly by activating DNA sequences as a by-product of the EM wave. The 3rd dimensional world which we know will only be a memory as the reality shift places us in a higher density of being...an existence outside of the restraints of linear time which also allows for variable physicality and the warping of reality to generate instant gratification of directed will. Sounds crazy, I know..

Well, thats an interesting theory I haven't heard before. I guess anythings possible. And its about the only way which I can foresee that could change human nature.

I did find reports that BetUS.com was offering bets about a year ago at 100 to 1 odds that Manhattan would be under water before the start of 2012. Florida was 10 to 1 odds. However, I checked their site and was unable to find any current betting options for these future props...

If I remember correctly those Manhattan and Florida bets would be pretty bad. The last projections I remember put Manhattan and most of Florida under water somewhere between 2050 and 2100. Ice would probably know a bit better but he hasn't been around in a while.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Now the new Tomb Raider game revolves around the mayan calender, not sure about the movie.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Now the new Tomb Raider game revolves around the mayan calender, not sure about the movie.

That calendar really should be considered one of the wonders of the ancient world by more people (it already is in some academic communities). But no, american indians know nothing about geometry, trig or the cosmos.