• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Now this is bullshit

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Now that is bullshit.

maddgreek

Fap Fap Fap Fap
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Texan said:
Now that is bullshit.

hahahah couldnt have said it better myself ..... oh wait i did lol

unfucking real though

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Greek,

That really is BS. I hope some attorney goes after the clowns in the TABC and sues the hell out of them. Imagine that, sitting in a bar in your hotel and getting arrested for having a few too many! If they pull that very often they'll probably lose some tourism.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Tex, I'm not tak'n shots at your state. Cripes in my state we elected a pro wrassler for Gov. But Texas has some weird ideas. They're very conservative on some alcohol related things, but you can have an open bottle when you drive. It's all a little schizo compared to other states.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
but you can have an open bottle when you drive.

Is that really true? If so, then it really makes you wonder what the heck is up with those arrests.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Min,

I know that used to be true for a long time there. Tex will know. I spent a week in a Dallas hotel a few years ago. Actually I think it was Arlington. The only bars were in hotels, and you could only get a drink if you had a hotel key. Needless to say, you were pretty popular with the local "talent" if you had a room key and could buy them a drink.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

I know that laws like that used to be true years ago, but I find it difficult to believe they still do. Wisconsin has always had fairly liberal laws regarding alcohol (although I don't think we've ever allowed open containers, at least in my lifetime) and we had a fairly major spat with the feds a few years ago about our 18 y.o. drinking age. We had to change it to 21 or lose all federal highway funds. And the feds still pull the same crap every time they want another law changed.

So, at least judging by whats happened here, it seems difficult to believe that Texas would still allow open containers. But, if they are, I know a few State legislators that would be interested in that info.

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
You can no longer have an open container in your vehicle. Just give it a couple of years and we will be able to have an open container again.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
we can't have open containers either and in fact, its supposed to be in the trunk. i think you can get a ticket here if you have liquor inside your car, even if its not open.

i think its wrong to arrest people inside a bar, but if they're out on the street being assholes, i think in that case they should do something.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
we can't have open containers either and in fact, its supposed to be in the trunk. i think you can get a ticket here if you have liquor inside your car, even if its not open.

i think its wrong to arrest people inside a bar, but if they're out on the street being assholes, i think in that case they should do something.

Cman,

Thats pretty much the same as our laws today. Except that at some public activities open containers are allowed. We've got one coming up in a few weeks which inevitably makes national news because the students get too drunk and cause some ruckus or another. The city government has been trying to get rid of it for years but the students have it anyway. City pols finally gave up a few years ago and now try to live with it.

snowcow

Reaction score
That's pretty fucked up. Glad I don't live in crazy america :D

Gibson

Reaction score
"Going to a bar is not an opportunity to go get drunk," TABC Capt. David Alexander said. "It's to have a good time but not to get drunk."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And yes, in Canada, or at least some parts of Canada, you can get ticketed if any sort of alcohol is within reach of the driver. I was driving home one night and had an unopened six-pack in the seat beside me (two-seater truck) and nearly got ticketed at a police-check on the highway. It was past 2am, and the only other option was putting it in the cab where the bottles would more than likely break, so the officer let me go with a warning. I honestly had no idea about that law until that point.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
This issue has made it onto several of the news programs tonight and I've heard a couple of amazing things, like:

1. They've busted over 2200 people for this.
2. The woman that is the spokesperson for this, is really proud of it. They plan on doing it for a long, long time.
3. One of the programs showed them busting some people in a hotel bar. Man, those people were not happy.

Does Texas plan on keeping a visitor/convention business?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I am so never going to Texas. If she thinks thats bad, she needs to spend a weekend in Halifax lol.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
I am so never going to Texas.

Cman,

Yeah, I agree. I would imagine they'll be losing a lot of convention biz over this.

Gibson

Reaction score
Cman said:
I am so never going to Texas. If she thinks thats bad, she needs to spend a weekend in Halifax lol.
Someone needs to invite her to Calgary during the Stampede.