• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

What would you do?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, so I got a letter a couple days ago saying that my college had decided to cancel my $9,000 scholarship for the upcoming year, due to the fact I had a 2.37 "QPA" (They don't use GPA, like normal schools, but QPA, which takes your GPA for the class, adds all of them for all your classes, and divides that number by the number of hours taken, my GPA would be a somewhat respectable 2.6) The 2.37 is bull anyway since my Calc I teacher is under review, since all but 3 students the entire year failed her class. The homework had to be at least 3 pages in length, or she wouldn't even grade it, and we had to write a paragraph (at least 6 sentences) for each step explaining why we were doing something, or we would get a zero on the problem.

Anyway, I digress, so now the cost out of pocket for me (and my parents, who are helping me, yes, but it's not like i'm driving an escalade and doing some bullshit degree, i'm actually going towards being a doctor) is over $20,000. Not to mention the distance (not that I mind it, but one more thing to consider) and the fact that I'm a loner up there since I don't drive an Escalade, get drunk 7 times a week, or like to have a go with the dorm "bicycles" that every guy has ridden at least 10 times, you know the type, tanned, platinum blond trust fund whores. But I almost have to go to this school for my particular major (Paramedic) if I want to be considered by any decent med school.

However, if I were to transfer to a school in my hometown, it would only cost $10,000 total, not to mention that I'd know a few people, know the town, and be able to keep my current job through the year.

I guess the short question is, should I keep going to the highly-respected, yet personally hated school for $20,000 even with $15,000 in financial aid, or go to the hometown school for $10,000, in a city I actually like?

maddgreek

Fap Fap Fap Fap
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
very good question but really not one WE can answer. its all up how you feel bro. its a personal quest. you want a better life now or after you graduate...? that should be the question. hope that helps!

dls1

Mr. Nemcova
Reaction score
I'm with maddgreek on you being the only that can decide this... that being said, if you can continue were you are at now, wouldn't that not only help you in your med-school quest, but wouldn't it help build character that will be needed to survive the gruelling med-school schedule ?

I'm not saying you need to build character... more like preparing you for the same but more intense Loner feeling that med-school is going to cause, and all the other irritating issues that med-school will bring your way.

Good Luck... which ever path you choose.

maddgreek

Fap Fap Fap Fap
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i forgot to add ... where does it have more boobies? :lol:

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
A more respected school would look better on a resume. I would probably go to whichever school gave the better quality education.

bacardi

Reaction score
If you stayed and the teacher under review is found at fault( or something) and your qpa goes up, would you be reimbursed?

If you transfered closer to home got your qpa up could you transfer back next year?

I think you should stay. If you could get your qpa back up next semester the financial burden would be lifted and you go back to thinking bout the women chasing ... i mean the lives you would be helping :)

good luck on whichever you choose

peter_jam

Reaction score
Do they know that your calc teacher is under review? Maybe you could try telling them that your QPA would improve if they didn't count his grade. From what I understand, that guy is a real dick, maybe they can see that.
Also, you are open to the possibility of continuing in you current college, so that means that your family can afford it. I'm not saying it won't be a strain on the family finances, but if you do lose your financial aid, you can apply for another one later on, or look into other possible solutions, like credits or a sponsored scholarship.
And I agree with everyone else, staying in the better school might seem like a bad choice right now, but it'll work out better for you in the long run. And the fact that you are a loner is the least of your worries, if you put your mind to it, I guess you can meet more people or find some kind of activity that will relax you and keep your spirits up.
Anyway, the choice is yours, think this through.

KABOOM

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing with the money is that my dad could get layed (sp?) off again, which would put us at a real burden, especially with me in college. I'm definitely getting a job up there, but my parents always say not to worry about it, but i do. If I do get it back up above a 2.50 by the end of the semester, i get the semester value for it, so no matter what I am out $4,500. But it would be a pretty big hassle to transfer for one semester, then transfer back for again.

I do know that in the end it's my decision, but sometimes it's good to get others opinions. I do appreciate them.

C0BRA

The Rise of Member
Reaction score
Hope it all works out for ya Boom. I tend to always look at the big picture and that being in 10 years after you've been working in the field for 5 or 6 years nobody is gonna give a shit what school you went to but moreso how you did at your previous employer. Course I say this being not familiar with your field of work.

Count_Floyd

Respected Member
Reaction score
I wish the best for ya Boom, but as Cman said, the better school should be the main priority! I know it can be a bitch being away from comfortable surroundings, but you have to look at the big picture here. You're going to have to be in a "whatever it takes" mode until you're done! Good luck, and God bless in whatever you decide my friend!!

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I've got a question. Is your current school actually better school that gives better education or is it just higher respected than the other school? If it isn't actually better then I would transfer, because in "RL" nobody cares what school you went, what matters is how good you are, but again, that's how it works here.

Good luck decising.

BTW. GPA (QPA) 2.6? And I thought my 4.28 was a disaster. Oh...well...maybe It's a different system.

KABOOM

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always do kinda bad my first year at a new school. Freshman year in high school I had a 2.2 GPA, finished with a 3.7. So I'm not completely stupid.

OFFicerJACK

Reaction score
Is the Calc professor the only one you have a problem with? If so, I say stay where you are. You'll be lucky to only have one bad professor. They seem to flock around me like birds to a loaf of bread. :mad:

You can see how she's rated here: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/

Just remember the ratings are pretty subjective. Good luck!

Holey24

Reaction score
I say apply up here in the "Great White North" to Queen's Uni med school and then have the Ontario gov't pony up some dough to retain you. I live minutes from the Queen's campus and the money that new docs are getting here is ridiculous....and Queen's med program is highly respected