• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Who's the best guitarist?

singhr

Reaction score
natron said:
stevey ray vaugn
Ya... he's so good that I think that Stevie Ray Vaughan deserves to have his name spelt correctly

Dutchie

Reaction score
Man, I can't believe only one person mentioned Nuno Bettencourt. That guy is a monster player & songwriter. You guys should check out some of him solo stuff. Awesome!!!

It's interesting to read people metioning Kurt Cobain.... He was a great songwriter, but he sucked ass on guitar. I would rate Dave Grohl (also a great songwriter) much, much higher.

There are/were many a great guitar player around.

Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Paul Gilbert
Joe Satriani

but there is only one real guitar god.....

EDWARD VAN HALEN

PS, a quick guitar joke..... Kirk Hammett (just kidding)

Q: What do Eric Clapton and Coffee have in comman?????

A: They both suck without Cream

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Justin King is pretty amazing. His technique is really cool. Take a look at some of his clips on his website.

www.justinking.com

CSpackler

Reaction score
Rock Guitar
Jimi Hendrix
Jazz Guitar
Joe Pass
Folk Guitar
Adrian Legg

Overall nobody can stay with Joe Pass

METALHEAD666

Reaction score
the best thing about this thread is people can learn some new names instead of giving the robotic answers of PAGE, HENDRIX AND CLAPTON

i guess im just biased towards metal---my top 3 favorites in any order

John Petrucci--i know Dream Theater requires patience with their 20 minute epics--but just listen to Petruccis blasts of absolute brillance--fast, clean and amazing

Steve Vai--just watch any of the G-3 concerts-plus his band kicks ass-Billy Sheehan is also amazing

YNGWIE J MALMSTEEN--im soo tired of hearing people say all he can do is play fast--go see the man live to appreciate how incredible he truly is.

Honorable Mentions--MUSTAINE, ZAKK WYLDE and JEFF LOOMIS of Nevermore

taker

Reaction score
i must say you all said some great guitar players...but there is no doubt that another one one of the greatest is no doubtingly diamond darrel "dimebag"...all of his songs were so heavy but then so beautiful..and how all of his solos brought you in and then put you into your own misery of wonderful tones.....but if you guys want to check out a crazy crazy guitar player his name is Michael Angelo..he plays a double sided guitar..check him out to understand wat i am talken about

METALHEAD666

Reaction score
taker said:
i must say you all said some great guitar players...but there is no doubt that another one one of the greatest is no doubtingly diamond darrel "dimebag"...all of his songs were so heavy but then so beautiful..and how all of his solos brought you in and then put you into your own misery of wonderful tones.....but if you guys want to check out a crazy crazy guitar player his name is Michael Angelo..he plays a double sided guitar..check him out to understand wat i am talken about

the guitarists name is Michelangelo Battio---who plays the double neck guitar--if you look around enough he also has a few clips of him playing the double neck

LiD13

Reaction score
There are one of the greatest, but not "the greatest" because, every guitarist has their own style/genre/technique. You can't compare all these different things.

For me, I find Joe Satriani to be an amazing guitar player. I've watched two G3's(A festivel where three guitarist, Joe/Steve Vai and some other play their songs and exhibit their skills) and they are amazing.
Also, Pettrucci(sp?) of Dream Theater is a skilled artisan. So if Paul Gilbert( Racer X/Mr Big) in his own metal field.

And being a huge huge fan, I can't but absolutely mention Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin. He's so f**ing good at what he does.
Following the same guitar, on Gibson Les Paul, I think Slash(Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver) is also kickass.

Kirk Hammet plays good guitar, and the speed metal king Dave Mustane(Ex-Metallica/Megadeth) also rules.

These are over the top of my head, I'm sure the list is a lengthy if I start thinking of it.

The best solo, I don't know. But a few good ones are,
Megadeth songs, almost all of them. Solos from First 4 Metallica albums, Kill 'Em All/Ride The Lightning/Master Of Puppets/And Justice For All, are too good.

Slash in November Rain/Sweet Child O Mine.

There's a compilation called "The 100 Greatest Guitar Solos", it's available on torrents. Consult that for G.G.S's, it's an accurate list.

tima

Reaction score
LiD13 said:
There are one of the greatest, but not "the greatest" because, every guitarist has their own style/genre/technique. You can't compare all these different things.

I pretty much agree with LiD13.

There's many guitarists who may not be the most technically skillful, but are consistently amazing at either song or riff writing (and who I consider some of the greatest)...

Josh Homme (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age - especially his Kyuss days)
Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave - especially RATM)
Matt Bellamy (Muse)
Gary Jennings (Cathedral)
Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
James Hetfield (Metallica)
Danny Cavanagh (Anathema/LID)
Carmelo Orlando (Novembre)
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)
X. Botteri (In The Woods.../Green Carnation)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Paul McCartney (The Beatles)
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

They're all consistantly good IMO.

It's like saying the greatest band ever is whoever's the most technical - which I doubt anyone would agree with.

A good example Megadeth, with Marty Friedman having done solo albums prior to joining Megadeth, he's technically superior to Dave Mustaine, but Megadeth without Dave Mustaine is not Megadeth - they'd sound completely different, whereas without Marty, there still the same, or almost ;) (Rust In Peace is my favourite of theirs which was during Marty's time in Megadeth, but I think you'll get what I mean)

Dekieon

Reaction score
SLASH!!!!! Without a doubt.
He can play everything from heavy metal to classical.

torriewilson

Reaction score
the slayer boys would shred any guitarist out there. period.every time i see them live they amaze me even more.king and hanneman rule.

JJTomcat512

Reaction score
Here is my list. Mine are all of the common names I really haven't heard anyone that can really compare to what these guys have done.

1. Jimi Hendrix- Lefty playing right handed guitar. Let the music say the rest.
2. Eric Clapton
3. Jimmy Page
4. Carlos Santana
5. Peter Frampton- Not only was he awesome with the guitar but the way that he talked through it was great as well
6. Pete Townsend
7. Eddie Van Halen

DocZ

Reaction score
Has John Denver got a vote yet?
ok besides him, Joe satriani and Jimmi "the left handed genius" Hendrix.