• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Skip rapidshare counter with Firefox

Should we ban Rapidshare?

• Total voters

snowman2k

Reaction score
I rate rapidshare and have never had a problem uploading to or downloading from

kayfabe420

Reaction score
11 American dollars for a 30 day premium account is nothing considering you can D/L 25 gigabytes a week.

alchizi

Reaction score
Rapidshare problem

I signd up to rapidshare premum yesterday and it worked fine but today i just get a load of code when i try to download links - can anyone help thanks

Mentalo

Reaction score
I have a problem with crypt load. When i use the program, the data, i load, is always just 1 kb. It worked a few weeks ago. But now it doesn't work anymore. Does anyone else has this problem?

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
skipscreen

I'm trying out an add-on to Firefox called Skipscreen. I've only used it 3 times, but before I activated it, I kept getting "no slots available - become a premium ... "
Now it has hit 3 for 3, and the download speed is about 4 times faster than before. (over 100 kps)

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
update

I've been using Skipscreen for months now and I recommend it to anyone like myself who is either too cheap to join or doesn't want to give personal info to a third party.

bpotec

Noob
Reaction score
i found the simplest way, after downloading a rapidshare file, put your computer into standby. restart and your server should gve you a new isp address thus eliminating wait time betwee downloads.

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i found the simplest way, after downloading a rapidshare file, put your computer into standby. restart and your server should gve you a new isp address thus eliminating wait time betwee downloads.

ISP-assigned IP addresses on broadband have a DHCP lease time that may range from hours up to days (36 hours by default for Comcast). During that time it is very rare for your IP to change regardless of what you do. However, depending on factors such as your ISP's DHCP setup, the ISP's overall IP block size(s), network congestion in your immediate area, the overall customer volume of your ISP, the connection count on your local node, etc. these results may vary greatly. So it's not always a matter of simply disconnecting your router or putting your computer in sleep mode.

For example, if you live in a big city and use a relatively small ISP who has a large or growing customer base, you will likely receive a new IP every time you restart your modem and/or router. On the other hand, if you live in a small town but have a large ISP (Comcast, Cox, etc.), you may find it very hard to receive a new one regardless of what you try (short of asking them for one).

It basically boils down to supply versus demand first and then the DHCP server's lease time settings second.

Humanly

Reaction score
Thank you for this, have been looking all over for a decent explanation.

joboo99

Reaction score
i have megavideo membership for watching tv shows and it also allows me to download from megaupload with no restrictions.

i recommend this over rapidshare.

zlightning

Noob
Reaction score
I've used a program called cryptload to just queue downloads from both rapidshare and megaupload.

SpEffects

Reaction score
Rapid share lockdown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to let everyone know that RS has locked up my premium account that I've had active for the past 4 yrs. All of my posts have dead links right now. I'm trying to get this situation resolved by email. Calling them got me nowhere. I've got over 3000 files in 7 folders in that account and I'm shitting bricks right now. I would appreciate it if the moderators would hold off on deleting my posts until I hopefully hear back from RS, thanks,
SpE

SpEffects

Reaction score
Rapid share lockdown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to let everyone know that RS has locked up my premium account that I've had active for the past 4 yrs. All of my posts have dead links right now. I'm trying to get this situation resolved by email. Calling them got me nowhere. I've got over 3000 files in 7 folders in that account and I'm shitting bricks right now. I would appreciate it if the moderators would hold off on deleting my posts until I hopefully hear back from RS, thanks,
SpE

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
I hope it gets ok but in their rules it says they have the right to do that.
REMEMBER: Always keep your files at home on a seperate HardDisk, If the hostserver is not yours then these things do happen.
lets hope everything turns out OK.
Did you know that if a payment is not correctly booked your files are deleted, even if you are a 20 yearPremium user. It is in their rules.

LarryO

somewhat respected
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news Speffects. RS did it to me, Bangle, Hooters, Mosule, Misrule and Moogarm. I was in shock for a week after losing 1,900 links, 500k premium points and not having premium access for the first time since 2005.

RS has the legal right to close accounts for abuse, which probably is 95% of all Premium Accounts with uploads. They are closing accounts with the most premium points and uploads; probably as a cost-cutting measure. They are arrogant assholes.

LarryO

somewhat respected
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
RS doesn't have to close accounts because links are reported. The accounts are closed because RS wants to close them. I don't blame link reporters for this at all.

sicilian

Reaction score
I had a prem acct once and I let it go and some of the more popular links are still active for some reason months later.

SpEffects

Reaction score
I think RS got their rocks off big time locking me down just as I was about to reach the 1,000,000 point level.
#^&*% RS!!!