• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Skip rapidshare counter with Firefox

Should we ban Rapidshare?

• Total voters

bear_cow2006

Reaction score
rapidshare is still the most popular host in south east asia , just a thought

bobobill

war on drugs veteran
Reaction score
Rapidshare officially sucks

I found this on a different forum.

The following is series of major changes that RapidShare has implemented.

For Premium Users
Download volumes included in a Premium Account is going to be reduced from 10 Gigabyte a day to 80 Gigabyte a month, at continuous exact daily pro rata billing. The sum of accumulated download-traffic is going to be reduced from 50 Gigabyte to 10 Gigabyte. Personal web storage space is going to continue to be set to 500 Gigabyte. The changes only apply to new Premium Account and extension.

Existing Accounts are not affected, aside that due to the change of 10 Gigabyte maximum accumulated traffic, no download volume can be transferred from one day to another. As it is technically not possible to work with various procedures, we have compensated all existing Premium users 50 Gigabyte of traffic volume to their TrafficShare quota. This balance does not expire, as long as you own the Premium Account. You can flexibly apply this quota for your own downloads, should your download balance have run out. The system then automatically allocated traffic in 1 Gigabyte packages from the TrafficShare quota.

Anonymous Uploads

It is not the price model only that we have shaped up for the future. A further change is going to effect a small number of users that neither upload their files through a Premium- or Collector’s Account. Files that are stored completely anonymous can now only be downloaded 10 times. Thereafter an error message will appear. However, the file can be moved into a Collector’s- or Premium Account afterwards so that downloading is possible again.

Error Example of an upload that has been downloaded 10 times:
http://rapidshare.com/files/158025081/2821_-_Spider-Man_Web_of_Shadows__U__2_.zip.html

RapidShare Will NOT control Uploads

160 million files have already been ** DEAD LINK REMOVED ** to RapidShare. A number that proves, that the world depends on moving important data from A to B. A number that also proves, that RapidShare with its fast and easy services also addresses users that are no computer nerds.
RapidShare is the first technology worldwide that made sending big files so easy, so fast and so secure. The files can be stored as long as needed and can be recalled from anywhere in the world, they are strictly confidential and can only be accessed by the user that originally loaded them up, or alternatively can be distributed among thousands of people quickly and easily.
With a couple of billion page impressions per day we know, that we as a leader will have to pave the way for this new technology. We are aware of the fact that we therefore have big responsibility. If, for example, it had been regulated by law to control all copies before the first photo copier was invented, it is very likely that these machines would have never hit the market. That's why we are doing everything to enable this new technology - which is still very young, but already inspires millions of people every day - to be part of our future and make life more comfortable.
The security of personal data is very important to us, especially in these times. That's the reason why we will not spy out the files that our clients faithfully upload onto RapidShare, not now nor in future. We are against upload control and guarantee you that your files are safe with us and will not be opened by anyone else than yourself, unless you distribute the download link. RapidShare, of course, is against the distribution of illegal files and as soon as we are informed about illegal distribution, we delete these files and put them on a filter. But the general control of uploads is out of the question for us, because we think that especially in these times data privacy comes first.

this sucks big time for people without a rapidshare account. i guess i'll just use megaupload from now on.

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Look at the bright side...It's still better than fast-load.net :)

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
the file is never completely anonymous because they save your IP with the file. But whatever happens .... they are the boss.

They want everybody to pay eventually.

I think this stinks.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
well I imagine most people have collectors account so it wont be that big of a change...

and yeah... rapidshare sucks... would not surpised me in the least if rapidshare.com goes "down" soon and gets replaced by rapidshare.X or something stupid.

I also find it funny that I got 9k points are megaupload but at rapidshare I got 4k... yet I usually always upload both mirrors...

samaelian

Reaction score
I Like Rapidshare. I just wish you didn't need so many rapidpoints for a free account

phase

Reaction score
every time I download a rapidshare file my internet goes weird, starts...stops...starts...stops and it stays that way until I do a reinstall ... me be paranoid of rapidshare me be

Lions, tigers, and rapidshare...oh my. lol

iTwins

Reaction score
I'll moving to MegaUpload when my premium account expires. I don't feel RS is worth it anymore.

Karol

Reaction score
Well, I am a premium user since january 2007 and rs never did nothing wrong, I think.

mrcoolangelo

Reaction score
Hello...anybody home?

Just open up an account for crying-out-loud! It's not that expensive and then you don't have to worry anymore. They are the dominant host on the internet. What CAN'T you find on Rapidshare! Instead of a boycot you should throw your hands up in defeat and enjoy the service that they provide.:nuts:

nxman

Reaction score
Still the best my only problem with Rapidshare is file deletion.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
you guys are forgetting something
you have to pay
and if you don't pay no more your files will be deleted
do you think im stupid

there is a big difference in storing data on the internet
the difference between free and pay is money
we are talking about the Internet, a free medium in computertechnologie,
Yes, you must pay fees to your provider who connects you to the backbone.
But thats all
if, for whatever reason, money is involved then it is a company.
So you are using a company for helping you do something on the internet
that company is using the free internet to provide you with a payservice.

everything is free on the Internet so why pay?

KazigluBey

Reaction score
I've never had issues with Rapidshare. KewlShare on the other hand seems to bog down, even when you've paid for the premium account. :mad:

Kevin2000

Reaction score
Darn, this is horrible for people with no account. I don't want to pay for their service. I always hated Rapidshare but now i even hate them MORE! I really hope people start using megaupload. So, we have to download fast otherwise after 10 downloads (other users) it'll be deleted. Omg, i hope in the future i meet the creator so i can torture him or her.